Monday, July 9, 2012

Recent Obsession: Nail Art

For awhile there I was going to the nail salon once every 2 weeks getting shellac manicures. About 2-3 months ago I decided I couldn't afford to keep doing that and stopped going. I had always been pretty horrible at painting my nails, but my need to have color on my nails forced me to try, try again. I started finding that even if I 'color outside the lines', I can fix it! I got a bottle of pure acetone and some pointy Q-tips and they do the trick. But with practice I have gotten a lot better at painting them! I got bored with solid colors and have been trying all sorts of new things. Here are some instagram photos showing my progression!

Started out simple:)




Multicolored dots using the back of a sewing pin! and cupcake toes! (I watched a youtube video on how to do it)

Left: bought a nail art brush! Right: did my friend Sharaya's nails with smaller dots (again with the back of a sewing pin)

Leopard nails!! My fave. Watched another youtube video for this.

4th of July nails! And then I did Spidey on the other hand! 

Left: black and white, stripes and dots. Right: polka dots and flowers on my friend Kathleen

My current nails! 


Wish my nails were longer. I have been taking hair/skin/nail vitamins, but haven't seen any results yet. I talked to a friend who said it took a year of taking them, but now her nails are long and strong!

Happy Monday!

Lindsey


2 comments:

  1. Those are all really lovely! I should try those dots some time, they look so cute. And Spiderman nails too, haha ^^ Nice inspiration.

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still loving all these looks ^^

    Thanks for the comment <3


    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete