Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Rock a lot of Polka Dots..

 

Top: old navy; Skirt: from Francesca's boutique; Pumps: Steve Madden
Outfit! I was shopping last weekend and finally found the perfect outfit to wear with my navy blue pumps! Saw this skirt at a Francesca's boutique and fell in love with the asymmetrical hem. I am not normally a fan of asymmetry when it comes to things like one shoulder tops or anything involving a right vs left side, but I love the front/back asymmetry! I found the burnt orange top on sale at old navy and it really pulled the outfit together. The back of the top that you can't see is a lot lower than the front. I really enjoyed the combo of this skirt and top being high in the front, low in the back.



facebook.com/skimpilyclawd
New dress! I finished making this last week for a friend of mine's little sister. He bought a gift certificate from me to give her for Christmas and she cashed it in for this custom made piece. She is currently in France for a high school trip, lucky girl! Hope she hands out my business card to some Frenchies! ;) I had a lot of fun making this dress. I made a detachable purple tulle petticoat so she can choose to wear it and make it poof or just wear the dress as is with another accent color (like red!). I also really love how the ruffled collar turned out with the white peaking out from underneath. I haven't decided if I will make another one of these but I definitely want to use more of this fabric (it's even stretch!).

Skimpily Clawd Gift Certificates. I owe these to my amazing graphic designer... Amanda Hudson


Lindsey


Follow our blog with Bloglovin!

5 comments:

  1. Big thumbs up! :) That dress is a complete bullseye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I love polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't want to seem like i'm totally creeping on you, but now that i'm home from school i have time to thoroughly look through your blog and i couldn't help but notice the new girl quote! love it. (i hope that's not just a coincidence or i'd look quite silly now haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is definitely a reference to New Girl! Love that show so much!

      Delete
    2. you're giving me a lot more reasons to believe that you're future me.

      Delete